What It's About

This is just a spot for me to put up new ideas, new creations, and little observations from my daily life.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012


SEW WHAT?

My Husband, Matt, got a sewing machine for me for Christmas.  I must say, I was entirely overjoyed!  I sat and stared at it for a couple of days before I was able to do anything with it, but once the stores were open again, there  I was, ready to purchase all I needed to sew something wonderful.  As my life normally goes, I had one heck of a time getting the machine to work, but with the guidance of Matt, we figured it out.  Then, I had to decide on a first project.  It had to be simple.  I looked around our apartment for inspiration when it hit me.  I wanted to change the pillowcase on a tiny pillow my little sister got me for my birthday a few years ago.  A rectangle was a simple shape and although I did not have a pattern, I figured I’d be able to figure it out without one.  I ironed my fabric so it would be nice and flat, and I began to sew.  My finished project was better than even I thought it would be.  If I do a project again in the near future, I will be sure to document the entire process.


No comments:

Post a Comment